Wednesday, September 12, 2012

NYFW: Marchesa








courtesy of nymag.com











































































This is the one collection I have been waiting for. Over the past 4 years Marchesa has blossomed and transformed, and become one of my favorite labels. They take Grecian inspired gowns to a whole new level. They mix the days of Troy with the 1920s and create pure brilliance. Their whimsical aesthetic never changes, yet Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig have been able to season after season, year after year, offer us something new and original. This year they did not fail. The collection seemed to have drawn inspiration from India, from traditional everyday garb to costume pieces. Many of the looks looked like a vamped up version of old Bollywood outfits for a more modern, less conservative time. I have deiced that if I ever get married (I personally don't feel marriage is something that is a necessity in my life) the Marchesa gals will be creating my dress. On a sooner timeline however, Georgina, Keren, make my prom dress?



No comments:

Post a Comment