Sunday, July 6, 2014

Absinthe Truffle #CHOLATEWASTED


I’m not going to discuss where this happened because it's a little mom and pop shop and they were probably supposed to card me and didn't.



So I was with one of my friends and we went out to eat. After gorging ourselves we wanted to get something sweet to eat, a bit of dessert. We start walking around and find this little hole in the wall bakery. The place is super cute and just one of those little niche joints you almost HAVE to stumble upon, or know about from a prior visit. There's just a cozy vibe and people lounging on coaches, and then a bar in the backroom. There were a bunch of hand crafted beers they were selling and personally fermented wines. It was kinds of a hipster joint you could say.  We walk up to the bar and get a menu, while were there we just start chatting up the baker who is an extremely friendly lady. While we are chatting I even notice people are buying sweets at the other end of the bar and some people are being carded. I didn't really think anything of it though.

 
 We're looking at the menu and some things are kinda expensive, i mean 4 dollars for a cookie, 10 for a slice of cake, I don't think so. Your girl doesn't have a full hours wage to be spending on cake. So our cheap asses just opt to get a truffle each. I'm looking down this list and cant decide what to go with. My friends opts for a safe one, I believe infused with honey. I decide to pick one called The Green Fairy (some of you might know where this is going). I ask the cashier/baker what it tastes like she proceeds to ask if I have ever had Yager. Now I don't know why I lied in this moment and said yes. It  just felt a lot easier to say yes then have her find another way to explain it to me. The baker explains how it tastes like that, and kind of dark chocolaty. Well I love dark chocolate, why not give it a go. The ingredients are listed and there's absinthe, basil and other stuff in it. Didn't think much cause...hey it's chocolate. THAT WAS NOT JUST CHOCOLATE. I started feeling kind of funny and couldn't place why I was feeling a little tipsy. Then is clicked and I realized THIS WOMAN SOLD ME ALCOHOLIC CHOCOLATE. THERE'S REAL ABSINTHE IN THIS. Now I get rowdy sometimes and am down for a good time, however when you start feeling tipsy and know you haven't had any alcohol...it's freaky. I Guess since truffles are not baked in the oven, none of the absinthe was baked out off it so it just soaked into the mixture.


And that my friends is the real life story of how I got #CHOCOLATEWASTED ....technically chocolate tipsy, but that doesn't have the same ring to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment