Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Let's Get Real

Courtesy of Google Images

Nobody’s perfect, you’re not perfect, I’m not perfect, nobody. And I think that’s where some of the beauty of life stems from, were all flawed individuals.

Were all flawed, we all have issues and we all go through really hard stuff that can knock us down sometimes.

WE ALL DO.

Yet I feel there’s a lack of people talking about it. Yes no one likes someone exceedingly self-deprecating, or that complains. However there’s a lot of things like anxiety over social situations, or living up to expectations, or stress from school that like EVERYONE goes through yet NO ONE talks about.


I don’t think that makes people fake, but there’s a lack of authenticity, were all putting up a façade. I mean I do it to, I’m not standing on a pedestal casting blame pointing a finger. Society breeds us to not cry, to not show emotion, to not break down, but yet we all do it, and were doing it in secrecy.

I’m just sick of everyone trying to be cookie cutter, and worrying what everyone thinks…cause fuck when you are at your lowest NONE OF THOSE PEOPLE COME WITH YOU. You suffer alone, so if you suffer alone why let the opinions of others impact you so deeply.

I write posts like these cause I’m always thinking about this type of stuff and I share them on Instagram and Tumblr sometimes and always get crazy nervous that people will think I’m like insane and need to be evaluated.

But I just don’t care anymore.

I know who I am, and I know that I can have anxiety, I can be stressed out, I can cry, and all of that makes me completely NORMAL. I understand that I can love sports, I can freak out over bees, I can get nervous talking to someone older than me or a cute boy, I can cry over seeing a sunset, I can be nervous to just public speak and all that makes me is a person. Not weird, or strange, or awkward, just a normal multi-dimensional person.

I think so many people have such beautiful souls and are such beautiful people but they just hide, they’re afraid to be who they are. Don’t be afraid. There’s so much to do and be in this world, you don’t have to be PC all the time, you don’t have to fit one mold.

I think if you embrace all sides of who you are, truly all sides, and you sit down and think and meditate and ask existential questions and ponder them you come into such self-love. And I’m moved and getting emotional even writing this because I know where I’ve been, and what I’ve gone through in my life to reach this point. This point of just calmness, acceptance and just pure love for who I am.

We spend too much time bottling things up, letting them fester because it’s not fun, or appropriate, or easy to deal with them. Fuck. Life isn’t supposed to always be fun, appropriate, and easy. You have to battle some of those demons to really get over them. And now when were young is the best time to do it.

There are people 30, 40, 50 years old paying for thousands of dollars of therapy because of repressed problems from their childhood. Because they just didn’t want to deal with them, or didn’t know how to deal with them.

We all have our issues, I don’t know what yours are, I know what mine are, and I’ve fixed most of them because I’ve spent the time. I can’t say there’s a right way to do that, whether it be meditation, religion, yoga physical activity, alcohol, but I do know there are ways for EVERYONE to tap into something deeper. (I do not think alcohol is the best option out of that group, just kind of threw it in there) 


No comments:

Post a Comment