Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Chicago














On Saturday a group of friends and I went down to the city. Nothing wonderful happened, nothing extraordinary occurred on this day, but it was just one of those days, where everything falls into place. It was one of those days where you just have to thank God for everything in your life. Nothing special happened on Saturday, it was really just another ordinary day with my best friends. I just came home feeling grateful and thankful that I got to make these friends while in high school, that I get to live in such close proximity to one of the best cities in the world, that I get the opportunity to have such fun times with the people I care about. I complain about how messed up the United States are sometimes, and how some many different branches and organizations need to be reformed. At the end of the day though, the opportunities we get to have in this country, the freedom we receive, you can't get that in many other places. Everyday I just say thank you to God, there are kids without food in this world, without clean water, millions of people will never leave the villages they were born on. Yet, I get to spend $7 on Starbucks coffee, I get to buy $3 overpriced water when I get thirsty, I get the chance to jump on a train and go to one of the biggest cities in the world in a heartbeat. I will never understand how society allowed such extreme juxtaposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment